As it’s now 2017 I thought that I would take this moment to write down some of my personal goals for the upcoming year. I’ll check back with a follow up post this time next year to see how I go.
- Be more financially responsible – I’m horrible with my finances and this year I want to finally stay on top of my spending and saving. So that means with the exception of a few new releases – I won’t be buying any new blurays or books or even funko pops, with a couple of exceptions. The only times that I’ll allow myself to buy a few new ‘wants’ will be for Sydney Supanova and then in the 2017 Boxing Day Sales. Instead I’m going to read/watch what I already own and also use my local library. I do have a few financial goals to save up for a few smaller items such as saving up for a trip to Sydney to spend a few days while I’m there for Supanova and renewing my passport but this year any extra money will be going towards paying off my credit card and going into my savings.
- Be more healthy – this was a goal that I was working on last year and I did manage to lose a few kg but this year I want to lose at least another 5kg, I want to get back down to at least 80kg because I know my current weight is unhealthy and I need to work on my diet and be more active.
- Maintain at least a credit average at uni – This year I’ve switched courses and I will now be working towards completing a Bachelor of Historical Inquiry and Practice, so I get to study history, which is a subject area that I love and is one of my stronger subject areas so I think this goal is achievable if I set my mind to it.
- Get my Ps – I’ve had my Ls since 2005 and I’ve already had to renew my license once and my current license expires in October 2018, this is the year that I will finally get my red ps and I’ll be able to drive in a car on my own.
- Be consistent with posting on this blog – I’ve stopped and started so many blogs so my last goal is to maintain this throughout the year, to keep posting reviews about books and movies and express myself through writing.
So there we have my goals for over the next year, I’m personally looking forward to seeing what 2017 will bring and I’m optimistic that it will be happy, positive and successful. I hope everyone has a happy new year and that 2017 will be a good year for you!